Learn To Knit - The Basics
The first in a new series, Rowan’s ‘Learn to Knit: The Basics’ takes the beginner through essential knitting skills such as casting on, casting off, and the basic knit and purl stitch. Building on these instructions, they can move onto combinations of stitches and begin to incorporate the next level of skills. Expert tips and advice appear throughout. A series of 12 simple patterns enables consolidation of the skills learned throughout the book, each encouraging, inspiring and developing confidence.
Clear, easy to follow, step-by-step illustrations provide a reference for the new knitter to have at their fingertips, and the book is sized to be easily carried in a knitting bag. Perfect for every new knitter, this book is also an important resource for knitting teacher, yarn store associates, and anyone teaching a friend.
The 12 projects in the Learn to Knit - the Basics use Rowan Big Wool and knitting needles as follows:
- Louisa Beanie - 1 ball + 8mm knitting needles
- Emaline Scarf - 3 balls + 10mm knitting needles
- Juana Beanie - 2 balls + 10mm knitting needles
- Rosie Scarf - 6 balls + 20mm knitting needles
- Mila Cowl - 2 balls + 10mm knittng needles
- Clo Rib Beanie - 1 ball + 10mm knitting needles
- Dawn Scarf - 7 balls + 12mm knitting needles
- Pumpkin Cowl - 2 balls + 10mm knitting needles
- Charlie Hat & Snood - 2 balls + 10mm knitting needles
- Clara Cowl - 3 balls + 10mm knitting needles
- Robin Scarf - 2 balls + 9mm knitting needles
- Peri Cowl - 2 balls + 9mm knitting needles