Kids Sewing Club
Sorry ! Currently this workshop is full, but if you'd like to let us know you're interested we can either run another workshop or we can put you on the waitlist and let you know when a vacancy becomes available.
Please feel free to drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 5962 6635. We'd love to hear from you and hopefully we can accommodate your sewing interest.
We have seen that beginners learn and retain their skills and understanding so much better when they learn to sew over consecutive weeks.
- use a sewing machine,
- sew straight as well as curved lines,
- sew different seaming techniques,
- use applique techniques,
- fit a zip and work with interfacing and different fabrics.
Beginners will love making their very first cool fabric book cover for an A4 binder. As their sewing skills develop, they can select their own projects to complete in class, be it clothing, making a toy, a bag etc. Anneke will guide their project selection based on their individual skill level.
Our aim is to teach simple sewing techniques and to give children the confidence to continue sewing at home.
- Skill level: Beginner to Advanced
- When: Saturday 2 - 4 pm
- Number of Particpants per class: to ensure each child gets the attention they need, we only teach 4 children per class.
Course length: A minimum term enrolment is 2 hour sessions to be completed over consecutive weeks. You can enrol for this workshop at anytime, as long as there are places available.
- Payment: can be in a lump sum for the term or you can pay as you go.
- Teacher: Anneke Schagen