Working with Watercolour Washes
Denise will introduce you to working with watercolour washes to create your very own masterpiece!
You will learn how to:
- Control your brush with watercolour paints on watercolour paper.
- Create a pencil drawing of your choice. Denise will demonstrate drawing techniques and give you some pointers to help you with this process.
- Apply a soft wash over your pencil drawing.
- Create some mini landscapes using only washes! A very simplified technique, but Impressive!
- Create a larger scale Masterpiece using the skills we have learned on the day!
- You will be surprised to see what you will achieve on the day.
Skill level: Basic drawing skills and some knowledge of working with watercolour paints, or if you have attended one of our learn to paint workshops in the past.
Course length: 4.5 hours 11 am -3.30pm (1/2 hour lunch)
Location: Crumbz Craft 236 Maroondah Hwy, Healesville Vic 3777
Teacher: Denise Smith, Denise is a local artist with a passion for creating works of art featuring animals, birds and natural landscapes. She is happiest in her studio with a pastel or brush in the throes of another paper or canvas piece.
Fee Notes: All materials are supplied (watercolour paints, palette, backing board and images to work from), but if you could also bring along to class an old hand towel and a box of tissues (not scented).